Train the Trainer (FETAC Level 6)
- Course Fee: Special Offer price only – €250
- Course fee includes all documentation, lecturing, supervised exams, learner registration and FETAC certification fees. No other fees to pay.
- FETAC Level 6 component Certificate in Train the Trainer (E30179)
- The next course will be run over the following dates:
- Option 1: Midweek Dates: Jan 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th 2013.
- Option 2: Eight Evenings – Jan 8th & 9th, 15th & 16th, 22th & 23rd and 29th & 30th 2013.
- Location: Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
Some of the many benefits of studying with us on this course:
- Full Tutor Support accredited.
- Quality – Our Trainers have delivered this course to over 300 learners with 100% pass rates.
- Pricing – Our Prices can’t be beaten.
- Group Discounts Available. Ask for Details.
All our classroom courses are limited to a maximum of 15 participants to ensure adequate one-to-one tuition so book early to avoid disappointment.
This programme is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain a professional, nationally recognised training qualification. It is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to run, manage and deliver effective training programmes.
Specifically the programme covers the following: (1) Theory of Training and Adult Learning, (2) The Role of the Trainer, (3) Training Needs Analysis & Programme Design, (4) Preparing for Training Delivery, (5) Delivery and Assessment, and (6) Evaluation of Training.
It is delivered through workshops that are conducted at various training locations around Dublin. Learners have a qualified and experienced Tutor/ Lecturer whose role is to deliver the course, and provide you with support throughout the duration of the programme.
Topics covered include: – FETAC 4 Day Course
Unit 1: The Theory of Training and Adult Learning
- The Training Cycle
- Adult Learning Principles and Theories
- Psychology of Learning
- Understanding Preferred Learning Styles
Unit 2: The Role of the Trainer
- The Role of the Trainer
- Understanding Training Styles
- Dealing with Disruptive Behaviour
- Dealing with Discrimination
Unit 3: Training Needs Analysis
- Training Needs Analysis
- Job Description
- Task Analysis
- Skills Audit
- Setting Training Objectives
Unit 4: Programme Design and Delivery
- Programme Design
- Training Methods
- Presentation Skills
- Using Visual Aids
Unit 5: Methods of Assessment
- Formative Assessment and Feedback
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Techniques
- Planning Assessment
Unit 6: Evaluation of Training
- Evaluating a Training Programme
- Evaluation Techniques
- Programme Review.
Who should complete this FETAC course?
- Those who have commenced a career in Training and Education, and who would like to receive an approved National Qualification.
- Those who wish to become a certified trainer.
- Those involved in training administration, delivery, design or assessment.
- Training and HR personnel in large organisations.
Preferred entry level
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant life or work experience.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- This Programme is assessed through completion of assignment (50%) and skills demonstration (50%).
- As part of our quality assurance, assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent FETAC External Authenticator.
- Following successful completion you will receive a FETAC Level 6 Train the Trainer component Certificate (E31079).
- The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. Click here for details of the National Framework of Qualifications.
This course runs in association with The Open College.